What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through web pages. They are tools that play an essential role in the provision of many services of the information society. Among others, they allow a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information obtained, they can be used to recognize the user and improve the service offered.
Types of Cookies
Depending on who is the entity that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and treats the data obtained, two types can be distinguished:
- Own cookies: Those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third party cookies: Those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that treats the data obtained through cookies. In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself but the information collected through these is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the length of time that they remain stored in the client's browser:
- Session cookies: Designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only interesting to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: The data remains stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the party responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with six types of cookies according to the purpose for which the data obtained are processed:
- Technical cookies: Those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it as, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, make the buying process of an order, make the application for registration or participation in an event, use security features while browsing, store content for broadcasting videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Customization cookies: They allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user's terminal, such as the language, the type of browser used to access the service, the regional configuration from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These cookies allow the party responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of browsing profiles of the users of such sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the data of use made by the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: They allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of advertising spaces.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: They store information on user behavior obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
Disabling and deleting cookies
You have the option to allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer. By disabling cookies, some of the services available may no longer be operational. The way to disable cookies is different for each browser, but can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also consult the browser's Help menu where you can find instructions. The user may at any time choose which cookies he/she wants to operate on this website.
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer o Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
- Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/es/privacidad-y-seguridad/como-gestionar-las-cookies/
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
In addition, you can also manage the cookie store in your browser through tools such as the following:
The cookies that are being used in this portal are identified below, as well as their type and function:
|_gat||Used to distinguish users in Google Analytics.||Immediately||.parafina.es|
|wp-settings-time-1||Evaluates whether the browser allows or rejects cookies.||At the end of the session||parafina.es|
|wp-settings-1||Evaluates whether the browser allows or rejects cookies.||2 years||parafina.es|
|et-pb-recent-items-colors||Provides functions on pages||100 years||parafina.es|
|wp_wpfileupload_0||File upload||1 day||parafina.es|
|et-pb-recent-items-font_family||Used to customize the User Interface||1 week||parafina.es|
|_gid||Analyze the visitor's path through the website||1 day||.parafina.es|
|cdp-cookies-plugin-wp||Used to display or not to display the cookie warning on the website||1 year||parafina.es|
|_ga||Used to distinguish users||2 years||.parafina.es|
|JSESSIONID||It is used to maintain an anonymous user session on the server.||At the end of the session||tracker.metricool.com|
|AWSALBCORS||Used as a load balancer to optimize the user experience.||1 week||tracker.metricool.com|
|AWSALB||Used as a load balancer to optimize the user experience.||1 week||tracker.metricool.com|
|__cfduid||It is used to override security restrictions based on the IP address the visitor is coming from.||2 months||.metricool.com|
|crisp-client%2Fsession%2F15b0c028-f728-4a4f-add2-7657188bddac||It is used to analyze how users use the website.||6 months||.metricool.com|
Acceptance of Cookies Policy
In view of this information, it is possible to carry out the following actions:
- Accept cookies: This notice will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the portal during the current session.
- Close: The notice is hidden on this page.
- Modify your configuration: You can obtain more information about what cookies are, know the Cookies Policy of: www.parafina.es and modify the configuration of your browser.